System Administrator for a leading SaaS - Exciting position in Visma Software
Visma is a leading European provider of software for automating and managing business processes across the enterprise. Visma has a strong base in ERP products. Our product portfolio also includes a large suite of complementary business process supporting products such as CRM, point of sales, banking, online purchase automation, web shops, and mobile solutions. We provide solutions to a wide range of clients, from very small businesses to large enterprises. Visma is an international company with more than 5 500 employees in seven countries. Visma had NOK 6 452 million in revenue in 2013 and 320,000 customers in Northern Europe utilize Visma’s products and services
Visma Software International Product Unit (R&D) drives Visma’s technological innovation in areas that shape the future of international business systems. We have more than 500 developers located in Europe. Visma Product Unit creates products that address the increasing demand for reliability, ease of use, seamless integration and security. We believe that excellent software is the result of highly skilled and motivated employees collaborating in teams applying modern methods and best practice in the software industry. A large part of our products are built using the Microsoft development platform.
Visma Solutions Oy is the leading software house producing cloud services for SMEs in Finland. The product portfolio of the company includes job control solution Visma Severa, financial management and ERP solution Visma Netvisor, budgeting and reporting tool Navita and electronic invoice operator platform AutoInvoice/Maventa. Our offices are located in Lappeenranta employing 85 people and Helsinki employing 20 people. The five subsidiaries of Visma in Finland employ more than 700 experts in 30 offices all over the country serving over 50 000 customer companies.
Visma.net AutoInvoice is a leading invoice exchange hub in the Nordic countries and Netherland. We are an international team with team members in Helsinki, Timisoara and Oslo. We perform continuous delivery and we are in charge of both developing and operating our service.
Your work as our System Administrator will be to handle our technical environments.
• Operate a highly complex, high availability SaaS ecosystem, ensure system is available in respect to our uptime requirements. Response to alerts.
• Constantly analyze and plan system scaling on different levels (web server, application servers, database, storage, linked systems)
• Ensure system is secure, must be able to identify and act when DoD, Brute force or other type of attacks happen
• Make reports on system status
• Assist good deployment routines
• Handle external providers
• Keep up-to-date on new technologies, methods and tools
• Participate in our Scrum processes and other team activities
• A very financial sound, rapidly growing and profitable work place that takes good care of employees
• Competitive salary & employee benefits
• Possibility to participate in various training programs and conferences (remote or on-site)
• Travel opportunities: team gathers in different locations for planning, training and team building activities
• Percentages of time allocated to personal projects that have the purpose to improve our systems
• Modern technology, work methods and tools
Requirements and qualifications
• Preferably MSc or BSc degree in computer science, engineering or similar
• Self-driven with an eagerness to get things done - in a good manner
• Ability to work independently but also easily to collaborate with team members
• Ability to take initiative, propose and pursue viable technical solutions.
• Be well planned and well documented
• Fluent in English speaking and writing
• Experience with key-value stores and other NoSQL databases
• Good knowledge and experience with proxies and load balancers
• Experience with queuing systems
• Knowledge about virtual machines clusters: setup, configuration, scaling, maintenance
• Experience with cloud systems and cloud suppliers
• Good command of relational databases and replication systems
• Some experience with monitoring systems
• Good knowledge about network attached storage systems
• Good knowledge of bash scripting and Linux systems. Good command of Linux system setup, administration and operation
• Knowledge of one or more programming languages such as Ruby (preferred), Python, Perl, Java, Scala, Go
- Experience with source control systems
- Good command of SQL querying, knowledge of operation and administration of MySQL or MariaDB systems
- Knowledge about continuous integration and delivery systems
Some potentially relevant knowledge areas/ technologies: Redis, MongoDB, mariaDB, Beanstalkd, Haproxy, Ganeti, Git, Zabbix, Graylog, Ruby
How to apply
You can apply for the position by filling this form and sending your application and CV. We will handle applications as we receive them, so please send yours as soon as possible and within the 14th February.
For more information, please contact
+40 356 22 90 02